A prominent, nationally recognized non-profit is in search of a Policy and Advocacy Manager. This individual will provide strategic, analytical and operational support to the Advocacy and Policy Division of Washington State, including the planning and execution of day-to-day assignments and deliverables by developing, organizing, coordinating and translating plans into existing frameworks and new initiatives.
The Policy and Advocacy Manager supports management of partnerships, budget and policy analysis, and contributes to effective relationships with national, state and local organizations and philanthropy.
Policy and Advocacy Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level analysis and support to the Washington State policy and advocacy team in overall strategy, operations, analysis and external relationships
- Oversee the project management and operations needed to support the effective implementation of policy deliverables
- Serve as internal liaison with other internal Policy teams; participate in policy tables with other teams representing Washington’s policy perspective
- Provide planning, coordination and logistics of external meetings for the Advocacy and Policy Team, including, but not limited to, internal National meetings, statewide coalition meetings, legislative and state administrative meetings
- Lead the analysis of budget and policy items, including analysis of legislative and budget proposals
- Help provide budget and policy content for newsletters, social media and other written formats
- Support and extend the Washington’s Policy and Advocacy team’s relationship with external partners, including attending standing conference calls and meetings with external partners as needed
Policy and Advocacy Manager Requirements:
- Must reside in WA state; out of state relocation assistance is available
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, policy, program administration or related field required
- Master’s Degree in business, education, policy or program administration preferred
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Will require periodic travel throughout the state of Washington
- Knowledge of state legislative and administrative systems is preferred
- Commitment to centering diversity, equity and inclusion in both the workplace and the policy arena
- Proven ability to organize complex tasks, prioritize multiple tasks, manage time and exercise good judgment
- Proven ability to work both independently and participate in teams toward a common objective
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully work with a diverse range of key collaborators
- Ability to promote and maintain effective internal and external relationships and communication between divisions, offices and staff
- Ability to readily acquire knowledge of a broad array of program, research, policy, and organizational issues
The Policy and Advocacy Manager must live in Washington State. Out-of-state relocation assistance is available!
If you are interested in this Policy and Advocacy Manager opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply today!