LaSalle Network is working with a client near Oak Brook, IL and looking to hire a PB Billing Manager. Last year our client’s health system was ranked in the Top 3 in Illinois, and it consistently receives awards for its service and quality. We are actively looking for an individual who is passionate about the industry and is looking for an opportunity to join one of the most prestigious Healthcare Systems in the Chicago Area.
The Manager, Physician Billing and Collections is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Patient Financial Services (PFS) personnel engaged in the billing and collection functions for physician patient accounts. Recommends improvements, reduces denials, and facilitates efficient processing and patient accounting operations. Assures that timely and consistent follow up is done for patient accounts by payers for all physician billing of employed physicians and affiliates.
PB Billing Manager Duties and Functions:
- Manages activities of subordinate personnel to ensure payment collection in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow, which includes assuring insurance coverages are verified, credit situations are prudently evaluated, payments are promptly received, and credited, and delinquent accounts are followed up.
- Develops and administers policies, procedures, goals and objectives for collection and customer service as well as other areas of responsibility, in consultation with the Executive Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Prepares various reports including denial management reports, credit balance reports, and special financial reports, and where appropriate, analyzes results and presents trends to management.
- Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, assigns work to, evaluates the performance of and, when necessary, disciplines subordinate personnel.
- Researches and recommends alternative procedures designed to reduce costs and minimize labor requirements.
- Builds and maintains relationships with third party payers in order to resolve problems that could not be handled by subordinate personnel.
- Collaborates with Physician Services and reports monthly performance, making recommendations for improvements and as appropriate, assembles project teams.
Requirements and Qualifications of PB Billing Manager:
- Minimum 7 years of direct experience with physician accounts receivable.
- At least five years of related work experience including healthcare collection and billing supervising staff to effectively direct the functions and activities of the department
- EPIC system experience is required
- Basic finance and statistical analysis,
- Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts, detect and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable, and prepare and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
- Must be able to independently set and organize work priorities for self and team members.
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal/external customers in various circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting in order to maximize quality and efficiently of operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
If you are qualified and interested in the PB Billing Manager position, please apply today!
Senior Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: Billing, Manager, PB, Denial Management, Credit Balance, Financial Reporting, EPIC, Revenue Cycle, Physician, Finance
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. Specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.