Looking for something out of the ordinary? Dreaming to grow your career within the fintech industry? Looking for a new challenge? This Payroll & Tax Specialist is the job for you located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Illinois!
This company thrives on being collaborative and pushing the envelope. They are looking for a well-rounded Payroll & Tax Specialist to join their expanding accounting team. Join a team that welcomes autonomy and new ideas!
Payroll & Tax Specialist Responsibilities:
- Understand tax withholding requirements for multi-state and local taxes
- Set up taxes for employees based on their location
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and prepare journal entries
- Perform quarterly account analysis
- Calculation of multi-state payroll taxes
- Accurately audit timesheets to ensure wages and benefits are properly processed
- Handle all tax agency notices
Payroll & Tax Specialist Requirements:
- 3+ years of tax experience
- Experience payroll processing 1,000 employees is a plus
- Experience with ADP or other large payroll software
- Strong Excel knowledge including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s
- Ability to work well with others
If the above qualifications describe you and are interested in this Payroll & Tax Specialist position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: payroll , tax , taxes , accounting , multi-state , tax accountant , payroll specialist , ADP , Ceridian , Ulti Pro , UKG , Excel , pivot tables , vlookups , pt , vlu , multi-state , account analysis , general ledger , journal entries , reconcile , reconciliations , wages , benefits , agency notice , tax agency , POA , power of attorney , garnishments , deductions , withholding #LI-AR2
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.