Are you a someone looking to help drive payroll operations and strategy for one of the largest healthcare groups in the Midwest? Our partner is looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience in payroll to join their team as a Payroll Supervisor. The Payroll Supervisor will manage a team of 10 and help drive the payroll function for an organization with multiple hospitals, hundreds of provider centers/clinics, and over 75,000 employees.
Who you are: 5+ year payroll professional with at least some supervisory experience who is ready to take on a new challenge in a great company in the healthcare space. You are looking for a fast-growing organization focused on development and growth opportunities.
Payroll Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day activities and performance of payroll staff to ensure processes are executed accurately and efficiently
- Lead leave of absence processing activities, including reconciliation and audits of leave documentation and resolution of leave discrepancies
- Oversee business expenses and continuing medical education reimbursement processing
- Oversee payroll maintenance activities
- Manage preparation and entry of payroll remittals into the accounts payable system to facilitate for proper payroll distributions to vendors
- Verify and reconcile severance pay amounts based on agreement documentation
- Verify earnings distribution coding and termination status within payroll application
- Coordinate with human resource personnel to resolve discrepancies
- Ensure payroll processes are in compliance/alignment with government regulations, laws, and organizational processes, practices, and guidelines
- Perform audits and analyze reports to identify and resolve payroll, compliance, and disbursement issues
- Ensure team's compliance to local internal control requirements
- Act as a resource within payroll and to other departments regarding general payroll and time/attendance inquiries
- Offer recommendations and solutions regarding payroll process improvement procedures
- Develop training materials and provide training to payroll team members when required
- Collaborate with human resources and information technology on the implementation of new techniques and procedures to facilitate payroll processes and to ensure effective and efficient operation of the payroll
Payroll Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent knowledge) in business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in payroll acting as a resource on payroll processes, coordinating payroll functions, and experience as a leader or senior level staff within a large multi-company, multi-state organization; strong functional experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing and payroll rules and regulations
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to payroll and general accounting
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and deadline intensive environment
- Excellent skills in communicating with all levels of staff and management; ability to coordinate across departments as well as a strong customer service focus
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to promote effective teamwork and demonstrate excellence and integrity
- Skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office, including strong experience developing spreadsheets
If you are interested in this Payroll Supervisor opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: payroll , healthcare , tax , leadership , management , workday , kronos , reporting , analytics , audit , controls #LI-NAAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.