Are you a strong payroll professional with an analytical skillset that differentiates you from your peers? Our client, a global leader in real estate investments is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their downtown Chicago office. This Payroll Specialist will be responsible for all facets of payroll responsibilities as well system troubleshooting and collaborating with human resources, accounting, and other departments.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with payroll processing for a high volume of employees, managing or implementing an HRIS system, be an outside the box thinker, and have strong problem solving and communication skills.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, accurate, and proper execution of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll and other payroll activities for 900+ employees across the United States and Canada
- Act as first point of contact for employee issues; answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and determining solutions
- Participate in the design, documentation, and implementation of streamlined, scalable payroll processes and procedures
- Process, calculate, and post payroll transactions including retroactive payments, benefit deduction/payments, retirement contributions, wage garnishments, etc. as required
- Collaborate with accounting, finance, and HR teams on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact
- Complete all payroll related accounting activities
- Assist with gathering information required for internal and external audits and prepare requested schedules, working directly with auditors
- Knowledgeable in federal, state, and local taxes; filing of all local, state, and federal taxes and related reports
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- 3+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience with a mid-sized company
- Strong operational knowledge of payroll systems
- Strong understanding of payroll, payroll tax compliance, and accounting processes
- Familiarity with Canadian payroll a bonus!
If you are interested this Payroll Specialist opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Senior Recruiter, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: payroll, analyst , oracle , adp , mult-state , Canadian , processing , processor , garnishments , tax , taxes , excel , timekeeping , implementation #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.