Our client is looking for a strong Payroll Specialist. This position requires expert knowledge in payroll and strong analytical skills, along with the ability to make independent judgments for the purpose of directing company-wide payroll processes.
Under the general supervision of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist performs a variety of professional payroll work including planning and organizing while they are going through a system implementation. This includes, but is not limited to, administrative duties involving the verification of changes input into the payroll system, internal controls and records, and the day-to-day payroll processing operations.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and time off inquires in person, via phone and email in a timely fashion (within 24 hours)
- Sort and distribute bi-weekly paychecks and distribute to appropriate divisions
- Remain knowledgeable, ensure compliance with and answer general inquires with regard to company policies, procedures and programs which govern employees, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- At least 2+ years of work experience in an with payroll
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required
- Knowledgeable in tax, garnishment and other government regulations as they apply to payroll
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, while organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines is required
If you are interested in the Payroll Specialist position and meet the above requirements, please apply today.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.