Our client in the Northern Suburbs is looking for a Patient Services Representative who will be performing registration and admission functions to provide information to maximize reimbursement, achieve collection ratios, and meet account receivable goals.
Patient Services Representative Responsibilities
- Enters patient demographic and insurance information in system
- Provides information and assistance to patients to ensure they understand the Financial Assistance policy and application process
- Ensures that financial protocols and requirements are met while providing access to service at health system facilities by reviewing account documentation
- Performs cash collection functions (co-pay), admission, and discharge and transfer functions
- Maintains and applies current knowledge of insurance requirements when verifying eligibility and confirms authorization is secured prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas; escalates unsecure financial accounts to management.
Patient Services Representative Requirements
- Bachelors or Associates Degree required
- Previous experience within the past 3 years in hospital admissions, business office and/or physician’s office with knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
If you are qualified and interested in Patient Services Rep position please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.