Do you enjoy working in a hospital setting? Are you good with attention to detail? Do you enjoy talking to different people daily? If so, don’t look any further!
Our client, a nationally ranked hospital, is looking for a well-rounded PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST to join their growing patient financial service team in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate will have a mix of medical billing and insurance follow-up experience, but we encourage others to apply as well!
Duties/Functions of a Patient Account Specialist:
- Provide medical billing and follow-up related to outstanding government claims
- Take all necessary steps to collect on open balances; this includes calling insurance carriers and patients to obtain status and information needed
- Take inbound calls from patients related to billing issues
- Ensure proper submission/resubmission of all patient claims submitted to insurance
- Respond to all inquiries from internal management, insurance carrier reps and patients
Patient Account Specialist Requirements/Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of medical billing or patient account experience
- Experience with computers and normal office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, voice mail, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Experience (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge and ability to apply high level of knowledge of respective insurance billing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally and have excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills
- Recent experience with Illinois Medicaid and/or Medicare
- Meditech or Epic patient accounting system experience
If you are interested in being a PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST with Chicago’s number one hospital, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: billing , collections , medical , healthcare , hospital , medical group , physician , claims , insurance , payor , payer , follow-up , following up , outstanding , payment , posting, post , cash , patient account specialist, patient account , patient support , reimbursement , claim handling , patient account representative , medical collector
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.