Our client is looking to fill a Patient Access Specialist role in the Chicagoland area for an award-winning health system. This organization is looking for a Patient Access Specialist who will be responsible for taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, verifying patient’s insurance, and assisting in prior authorizations using Epic software systems.
The Patient Access Specialist will aim to increase customer satisfaction and retention by providing members, customers, patients, and providers with accurate, consistent, timely, and meaningful information.
Patient Access Specialist Responsibilities:
- Support the front end of the revenue cycle by processing accurate and complete registration, demographic, and financial verification activities
- Respond with empathy to complaints and concerns from patients concerning health plan benefits, account status, payment history, and medical services
- Verify insurance eligibility prior to scheduling the appointment
- Determine appropriate insured policy, group, and billing addresses of primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances
- Cancel and schedule appointments for families or refer caller to clinical triage nurse or division office for scheduling
Patient Access Specialist Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year of Epic software system experience
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Hospital or physician office experience preferred; knowledge of EOB’s and ability to express them to patients
If you are qualified and interested in Patient Access Specialist position, please apply today!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration , epic, patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration, EOB, explanation of benefits, medical scheduler
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.