Our client is looking for a Patient Access Representative to join their growing patient services team in Chicago. The ideal candidate will have a mix of medical office or hospital and insurance verification experience.
Duties and Functions of Patient Access Representative:
- Accurately collects and reviews all required demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data necessary to register/admit patients
- Secures appropriate form signatures, service and financial documents required
- Gives explanation to patient about benefits after performing insurance verification
- Confirms necessary authorizations are secured prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas.
- Performing per-certifications for all diagnostic testing (MRI and CT Scans)
- Seeks assistance from financial counselors when needed to maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues and ensuring financial clearance of account.
- Provides information and assistance to patients on what to expect from financial assistant programs prior to patient meeting with patient counselors
Requirements and Qualifications Patient Access Representative:
- High School or GED is required
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in healthcare environment performing similar tasks. i.e. (patient registration, front office, customer services, scheduling)
- Very detailed oriented and excellent communication skills
- Strong Medical Terminology knowledge
- Basic knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT codes
If you are qualified and interested in this position role please call and apply!!
Team Lead, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: accounts receivable, follow up, collections, claims, rebill, medical collector, financial counselor, patient access, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing, collections, claims, follow-up, eob, patient, remittance, payor, insurance, review, submit, compliance, discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v. LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.