LaSalle Network is partnering with a growing snack food startup based in New York. They are seeking an immediate opening for a Part Time Procurement Consultant to work remotely supporting two work streams.
The Part Time Procurement Consultant will be responsible for identifying cost saving initiatives for two large product lines to co-packers and seeking out new co-manufacturers to grow their business. The ideal candidate has experience managing budgets and deadlines in order to ensure all orders are effectively transferred to the co-packer and has worked with food ingredients, packaging, or raw materials.
Part Time Procurement Consultant Responsibilities:
- Support integration efforts from analytical perspective
- Gather data and perform analyses to identify tactical and strategic ways to improve service level and/or reduce operational costs, waste, and obsolescence across all operational functions
- Support the ingredient and packaging bid process to recommend areas of cost savings
- Identify new markets and negotiations for potential contract manufacturing business
- Perform statistical and financial analyses to build business cases supporting development of the long-term operational strategy and capabilities, such as supply chain digitization, automation, and predictive modeling
- Assist in validation and ongoing improvement of supply planning and inventory management methodologies and algorithms
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally to understand business needs, constraints, and opportunities by collecting inputs at all levels of organization
Part Time Procurement Consultant Requirements:
- Previous experience in ingredients, packaging, and 3rd party contract manufacturing relations
- At least 5+ years of directly related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent additional experience
- Experience with ERP and food industry is preferred
If you are interested in this Part Time Procurement Consultant opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: SAP , manufacturing , global , engineering , business , supply chain , negotiate , client , long-term , planning , transportation , team , management , innovation
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.