Our client is looking for a PART-TIME Patient Account Specialist to join their growing patient financial service team in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate will have a mix of patient access experience and commercial insurance knowledge.
- Explain the patient’s benefits, discusses co-pays or out-of-pocket responsibilities, and creates a payment plan
- Handle patient phone calls and answer questions about invoices/statements
- Reports recurring insurance payment discrepancies and works with team to resolve. Identifies accounts on which contractual adjustments are incorrect by working the daily credit balance report.
- Reconciles bank deposits to payments entered into the financial system in a timely manner to ensure accurate account data.
- Documents all patient accounts activities concisely, including future steps needed for resolution
- Prepares written responses to patients and customers regarding account resolution and complaint recovery
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 or later
- Working knowledge of medical billing and/or collections processes/concepts
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned activities with limited supervision
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers
Patient Account Specialist Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years of credentialing experience
If you are qualified and interested in the PART-TIME Patient Account Specialist position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: billing, collections, medical, healthcare, hospital, medical group, physician, claims, insurance, payor, payer, follow-up, following up, outstanding, payment, posting, post, cash, patient access, patient service
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.