Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow your existing skillset while also gaining valuable experience to grow your own career? Our client, a nationally recognized healthcare provider, rewards teamwork, quality, and innovation with opportunities for growth and development. A leading training program giving you the tools you need to succeed has been put in place to make sure your new opportunity will be off to a fantastic start! The ideal candidate will have between 1-3 years of Medical Billing/Collections experience.
Our client is looking for a Part Time Medical Biller/Collector to bill commercial insurance carriers primarily. The leadership team is looking for knowledgeable revenue cycle professional who can start immediately!
Part Time Medical Biller/Collector Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily and meet team goals
- Complete follow-up of claims on a timely basis according to the productivity guidelines for account follow-up goals
- Pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow-up timeliness
- Processes correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) guidelines
- Provide feedback to management regarding any issues or repetitive errors that may be encountered during claim review and submission
- Follow up on patient accounts and verifying insurance information for billing patient claims.
- Research rejected bills and obtaining necessary information from patients and facilities.
- Audit and correcting charge documents for rebilling purposes.
- Complete special assignments and projects with minimal supervision and consistently meets the department’s performance, production, and quality standards
Part Time Medical Biller/Collector Requirements:
- 1-3 years of hospital or physician billing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Strong communication skills and computer skills
- Professional attitude, demeanor, and work ethic
- Ability to work through a clearinghouse
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
If you are interested in this Part Time Medical Biller/Collector opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.