LaSalle Network has partnered with a leading CPG company. Our client is looking for an Packaging Engineer for their R&D office in the west suburbs of Chicago. This position is open to due to growth as this company expands its global presence. The right Packaging Engineer will need to have prior experience in packaging engineering and innovation.
Packaging Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate all project development activities and comprehensive commercialization timeline from concept through package definition. Projects can include new flavor launches, new pack types, promotional activity (displays), graphics refreshes, and customer specific packs
- Coordinates and develops packaging performance testing, qualifications and validations (i.e. shelf life) and material specifications relating to key package dimensions & critical consumer attributes.
- Perform solid root-cause analysis and technical problem solving to issues with current packaging and good technical design practices on new designs to ensure success the first time rather than multiple/iterative trial and error processes.
- Create technical specifications for finished goods and packaging materials used in the manufacturing process
- Identify and implement cost savings programs. Optimize overall efficiencies as related to packaging
- Engage in consumer research activities such as ethnography observation, focus groups, etc.
- Converts consumer hypotheses and insight into packaging ideas, quickly reducing those ideas to functional and testable prototypes.
Packaging Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in engineering or supply chain related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience or prior internship experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills; a strong team player
- Experience with TOPS or CAPE Shipper/Palletization software
Experience with SAP and skilled with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Access)
If you are interested in this Packaging Engineer opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: Production Manager , Production Supervisor , Facility Operations , Warehouse , Maintenance , Warehouse Manager , Operations , Operations Manager , Plant Operations , Manufacturing , OSHA , Facility Operations , Mechanics , Risk Management , Six Sigma , LEAN , Inventory Management , Supply Chain , purchasing , planner , distribution , delivery , tracking , supply chain planner , Business , Economics , Marketing , business , economics , supply , pivot tables , Excel , vlookups , SAP , consumer products, QRMP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in supply chain, sales, accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.