Our client, a global well-known consumer packaged goods company, is looking bring on a Packaging Engineer for their location in Rosemont, IL. This fast-growing organization is looking for a creative, analytical project manager to implement processes and procedures for their commercialization team. This role will start on a contract basis with potential to convert permanently.
As our client continues to grow their brands globally, this Packaging Engineer will manage internal stakeholders and coordinate all aspects of packaging design prior to production.
Packaging Engineer Responsibilities:
- Act as main point of contact for internal departments ranging from marketing, demand/supply planning, finance, engineering and R&D to drive timelines, project milestones and product analysis.
- Collaborate with the buying and planning teams to manage inbound materials for the packaging team
- Key information in SAP ERP system and perform data governance for packaging dyelines
- Create reports of cost savings against competitors pricing and lead times for materials
- Ensure prompt delivery of requested packaging materials and update teams on timelines of project milestones as they arise
Packaging Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree; focus on supply chain management, product management, commercialization or engineering preferred
- 3+ years of commercialization, packaging industry or product development experience
- SAP experience is a must
- Experience with packaging material such as corrugated, film, plastics and foils
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in the Packaging Engineer position and qualify per the requirements, please apply today.
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: procurement , supply chain , buyer , senior , food , distribution , supply , production , manufacturing , CPG , beverage , sourcing , purchasing , SAP , external manufacturing , contract manufacturing , raw material , commodities , sourcing , vendors #LI-SCPROJ
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.