Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is currently working with a client in the western suburbs of Chicago to identify a Network Engineer to join their team. The Network Engineer will share responsibility for the planning, design, build and 24/7 support of global IP LAN/WAN IP infrastructures including routing, switching, wireless, network security and load balancing, supporting 170+ global locations and 3 major contact centers.
This is a contract opportunity that has the potential to convert to full time. It is required for this candidate to be onsite two days per week. We can support W2, C2C or 1099 for this contract arrangement.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and implement best practices and standards
- Provide technical leadership and work on multiple projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge of multiple technical areas
- Build, maintain and audit all LAN, WAN and WLAN network related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts, etc.
- Perform analysis and trending of utilization and growth providing a proactive design based on the demands of the business
- Translate business requirements into network and telephony process designs
- Plan and recommend network hardware, systems management software and architecture
- Ensure timely resolution of all tickets
- Participate in the current incident, problem and change control processes
Network Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in network planning, designing, building, and supporting mission critical LAN, WAN, network security and Wireless network infrastructures
- Experience with routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, PBR
- Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms – 2k, 5K, 7K and 9K
- Experience with F5 Load Balancing – LTM and GTM
- 2-4 years of experience with 24/7 support leadership in conjunction with a managed service provider maintaining accountability and measurement of uptime and performance
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude and are looking for an opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more, please apply today.
Keywords and Related Terms: Network Engineer , Cisco , SD-WAN #LI-CTTS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.