Our client is looking to fill a position for a Member Services Representative. The Member Services Representative performs specific tasks required for the efficient and effective verification of eligibility and updating eligibility as required. These candidates must also have critical thinking ability to analyze and use sound judgment interacting with callers specific to providing accurate listings of contracted providers, verification of eligibility dates for a member, updating a Primary Care Physician when applicable, and/or re-directing a caller appropriately when unable to further assist the caller. Provides general and specific information to patients, patient families and physician offices.
Member Services Rep Responsibilities
- Provide listings of contracted Primary Care Physicians and/or Specialists
- Verify/confirm eligibility for a member
- Update a Primary Care Physician within a member’s eligibility record
- Clearly communicate verbally and/or in writing any updates needed outside of the skill set or access granted
- Clearly hand-off callers to the appropriate call queue for further review/resolution
- Track/document calls as appropriate
Member Services Rep Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- (1) year of experience in hospital admissions/registration or physician’s office
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and are interested in the Member Services Representative position please apply today!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.