Our Client is looking to fill a Medical Scheduler role in the western suburbs of Chicago. The Medical Scheduler? performs pre-registration and pre-admission functions to provide information to maximize reimbursement, achieve collection ratios, and meet account receivable (AR) goals. Performs outpatient and inpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions. Provides general and specific information to patients, patient families and physician offices.
Medical Representative Duties and Functions:
- Schedules all patients for outpatient procedures including radiology, special procedures, surgical procedures, cardiology, pulmonary and laboratory. Recognizes and utilizes ICD-9 and CPT codes to identify correct procedure based on order
- Ensures the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the clinical diagnostic area; reschedules and cancels patient appointments as required.
- Provides accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination, procedure and financial requirements by applying knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT codes. Prepares and mails patient itineraries or notices, as required
- Screens patients for Medical Necessity using system tools and follow-up with patient and physician, obtaining a new order or discussing the need to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice when required
- Pre-registers outpatients for outpatient clinical, diagnostic and surgical encounters and pre-admits inpatients for inpatient stays. Completes pre-registration and pre-admission questionnaires. Verifies insurance requirements
- Ensures that financial protocols and requirements are met while providing caring access to service at Presence Health facilities by verifying authorization prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas. Maintains and applies current knowledge of insurance requirements when notifying patients of insurance benefits and self-pay financial obligations including previous balances
- Provides information and assistance to patients to ensure they understand the Financial Assistance policy and application process. Seeks assistance from Financial Counselors and/or Pre-Encounter Representatives II when needed to maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues.
Medical Scheduler Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- (1) year of experience in hospital admissions/registration or physician’s office
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and are interested in the Medical Scheduler position please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v. LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.