Our client, a nationwide company, is leading the way in redefining the home infusion industry and is looking for skilled Medical Insurance Specialist. A career here means joining an engaged team of professionals who are passionate about providing extraordinary care and making a positive difference in the lives of their patients. If you want to grow with an organization that is molded around values, development, and empowering team members this is the place for you. The Medical Insurance Specialist plays a key role in servicing the needs of patients by accurately billing customer accounts, assuring timely payment, and taking immediate action on any account-related issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly rewarding career in healthcare! If you are hardworking, enthusiastic and eager to make an impact, we encourage you to apply.
Medical Insurance Specialist Responsibilities:
- Recover any payment owed on accounts must be retrieved in a timely manner by contacting the appropriate parties.
- Keep track of outstanding patient or payer debts must be identified. Discrepancies must be investigated and resolved.
- Work with the patient to ensure that payments are satisfied by accepting immediate payment, negotiating payment deadlines, or enacting payment plans.
- Follow up on outstanding balances to determine why a claim has not been paid. Handle denials follow-up and appeals.
- Learn policies and procedures, understand the regulations of various payers, and remain steadfast in all collection efforts.
- Ensure that all communication with payers is positive and effective. Develop a friendly rapport with each payer.
Medical Insurance Specialist Requirements:
- High school or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience with UB-04 or CMS-1500 forms.
- Maintain communication and rapport with payers
- Ability to prioritize and multitask a large work volume with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
The ideal Medical Insurance Specialist will have great communication and computer skills, understanding of basic mathematical calculations, a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this exciting Medical Insurance Specialist opportunity and feel you meet these qualifications, please apply today!
Recruiter - Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, executive search, technology, marketing, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions