Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow your existing skillset while also gaining valuable experience to grow your own career? Our client, a nationally recognized Healthcare Provider, rewards teamwork, quality and innovation with opportunities for growth and development. A leading training program giving you the tools you need to succeed has been put in place to make sure your new opportunity will be off to a fantastic start! If you are looking for a career in an organization that is a leader in healthcare industry then this position is for you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly rewarding career in healthcare! If you are hard-working, enthusiastic and eager to make an impact, we want to meet you.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Contact Insurance carriers & patients to resolve outstanding balances
- Maintain optimal communication and rapport with ALL payers
- Maintain accurate account notes and documentation
- Work with internal parties in regards to code processing
- Handle questions and inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Following up on outstanding balances to determine why claim has not been paid, handle denials follow-up and appeals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service in order to communicate and assist other departments with patient billing & collections.
- Works with clinical and coding personnel to resolve issues and to continuously lower the accounts receivable days for the organization.
- 2+ years of previous medical billing or collections experience within a hospital or physician group
- Strong medical terminology
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi task a large work volume with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of insurances and their billing requirements.
- Good written/typing skills, ability to perform basic mathematical calculations for payments/adjustments, good communication skills
If you are qualified and interested in the Medical Collections Specialist role please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, executive search, technology, marketing, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions