We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Medical Collections Specialist at our client in San Antonio, TX. The Medical Collections Specialist position is responsible for the overall recovery and supervision of accounts receivables from insurance carriers. The position involves detailed research and follow-up on healthcare insurance claims and the careful preparation of appeals and responses to effectively resolve the claims using EPIC system. If you are someone looking to use your revenue cycle talents and work with an exciting team, we want to hear from you. This is a growing and dynamic environment!
Duties & Responsibilities for Medical Collections Specialist:
- Answering patient and insurance carrier calls; prompt return and follow-up to all interactions; prompt response to requests for information
- Timely management of unpaid claims as assigned through aging reports; insurance correspondence; Clearinghouse and Rejections
- Effectively handle complex payer denials; responsible to ensure that secondary claims are sent and paid
- Monitoring and reconciliation of claims (i.e. unbilled, denial trends, patient balance reports, credits & refunds)
- Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding (i.e. 60 claims per day) error-free work, transactions, processes and compliance requirements
Qualifications/Requirements for Medical Collections Specialist:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ of experience as a Medical Biller or Medical Collector in a high volume environment
If you are interested in this MEDICAL COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Project Manager- Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient access, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.