Are you excited by the buzz of a fast-paced environment? Are you searching for a chance to develop your understanding of popular electronic medical record (EMR) software and the opportunity to grow your career within healthcare? If so, our client (located in the Chicagoland area) is looking for a Medical Billing Specialist that has experience with commercial and managed care insurances providers. This entry-level position offers competitive pay and growth opportunities. You will also be able to develop your skillset by learning how to process claims in fresh, efficient ways while operating a unique system. This team is looking for knowledgeable revenue cycle professionals who can start immediately!
- Meet team goals - Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily. Complete follow-up of claims in a timely manner according to guidelines.
- Think ahead - Submit claims accurately and resolve any issues that could delay payment processing. If necessary, connect with the patient or guarantor to ensure accuracy and completeness of claims.
- Investigate - Within the appropriate timeframe, pursue unpaid accounts by telephone, email, or fax to determine status of payment.
- Communicate - When reviewing or submitting claims, any issues or repetitive errors found should be discussed with the leadership team.
- Follow up - When billing patient claims, patient accounts and insurance information should be complete and properly verified.
- Research - Rejected bills will require a second set of eyes in order to obtain the necessary information from patients and facilities.
- Correct - Audit and correct charge documents for re-billing purposes.
- 1-5 years of hospital billing experience
- Working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Ability to work through a clearinghouse
The ideal Medical Billing Specialist will have great communication and computer skills, a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Medical Billers with payment posting, cash posting, or cash application experience within healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this exciting Medical Billing Specialist opportunity and feel you meet these qualifications, please apply today!
Recruiter - Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, executive search, technology, marketing, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions