Are you excited by the buzz of a fast-paced environment? Are you searching for a chance to develop your understanding of popular electronic medical record (EMR) software and the opportunity to grow your career within healthcare? If so, our client, located in the Chicagoland area, is looking for a Medical Billing Specialist that has experience with commercial and managed care insurances providers. You will develop your skillset by learning how to process claims in fresh, efficient ways while operating a unique system. This team is looking for knowledgeable revenue cycle professionals who can start immediately!
The ideal Medical Billing Specialist will have great communication and computer skills, a professional attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily; complete follow-up of claims in a timely manner according to guidelines
- Submit claims accurately and resolve any issues that could delay payment processing; if necessary, connect with the patient or guarantor to ensure accuracy and completeness of claims
- Within the appropriate timeframe, pursue unpaid accounts by telephone, email or fax to determine status of payment
- Identify issues or repetitive errors found when reviewing or submitting claims and communicate them with the leadership team
- Complete and properly verify patient accounts and insurance information
- Audit and correct charge documents for re-billing purposes
Medical Billing Specialist Requirements:
- 1-5 years of hospital billing experience
- Working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Ability to work through a clearinghouse
Medical Billers with payment posting, cash posting or cash application experience within healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this exciting Medical Billing Specialist opportunity and feel you meet these qualifications, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager - Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare, Medicaid, remittance, a/r, aging, payment, payment plans, charity, follow up, claims, rebill, medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor, patient registration, charity, payment plan, billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies #LI-OTHRCS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.