Are you excited by the buzz of a fast-paced environment? Are you searching for a chance to develop your understanding of popular electronic medical record (EMR) software and the opportunity to grow your career within healthcare? If so, our client, located in the Chicagoland area, is looking for a Medical Billing Specialist that has experience with commercial and managed care insurances providers. You will develop your skillset by learning how to process claims in fresh, efficient ways while operating a unique system. This team is looking for knowledgeable revenue cycle professionals who can start immediately!
The ideal Medical Billing Specialist will have great communication and computer skills, a professional attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily; complete follow-up of claims in a timely manner according to guidelines
- Submit claims accurately and resolve any issues that could delay payment processing; if necessary, connect with the patient or guarantor to ensure accuracy and completeness of claims
- Within the appropriate timeframe, pursue unpaid accounts by telephone, email or fax to determine status of payment
- Identify issues or repetitive errors found when reviewing or submitting claims and communicate them with the leadership team
- Complete and properly verify patient accounts and insurance information
- Audit and correct charge documents for re-billing purposes
Medical Billing Specialist Requirements:
- 1-5 years of medical billing experience
- Working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Ability to work through a clearinghouse
Medical Billers with payment posting, cash posting or cash application experience within healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this exciting Medical Billing Specialist opportunity and feel you meet these qualifications, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager - Healthcare Revenue Cycle
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national