We are working with a client that is looking to hire a Medical Assistant near Chicago! This is a permanent opportunity with an organization that has continued to grow, even throughout COVID-19. They have over 40 locations across several states with options for internal growth as well.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician, and cleaning the exam rooms. The Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Escort patient to exam room, identify patient with 2 identifiers and prepare patient for examination
- Obtain accurate vital signs, per organization standards
- Document reason for visit and update/confirm, allergies, smoking history, and pharmacy information
- Promptly inform the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms
- Anticipate/set up equipment or supplies needed for visit
- Clean and prepare exam room for next patient
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/patient service skills
If you are qualified and interested in this Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: medical assistant, certified medical assistant, certified nursing assistant, nursing assistant, phlebotomy, medical history, vitals, vital statistics, medical terminology, vital signs, specimen, triage, medical records, injection, MA, CMA, CNA, electronic health records, clinic #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.