Serving Chicago’s northwest suburbs for the past 60 years, our client is dedicated to providing outstanding care and has been awarded at the National level as one of America’s Best Hospitals four years in a row. They are looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to expand their team. This person will be responsible for obtaining vital signs, assisting the physician during exams, and updating the patient records in our EMR. Candidates with large EMR system (IE EPIC, Meditech or Cerner) and hands-on medical assisting experience are ideal!
Certified Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Obtains vital signs and performs routine patient intake, documenting appropriately
- Maintains accurate medical records and reports to the nurse any pertinent information regarding the patient's condition and care
- Performs EKGs per physician orders and HCCI protocol; lab draws per HCCI protocol in absence of phlebotomist; online enrollment and tracking of home telemetry
- Keeps providers informed of changes in assignments or patient flow that will affect working conditions
- Maintains a neat and sanitary work environment; requisition/order supplies as needed to ensure exam rooms/MA station has necessary supplies
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Must have active medical assistant certification
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/patient service skills
If you are qualified and interested in the Certified Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: medical assistant , certified medical assistant , certified nursing assistant , nursing assistant , phlebotomy , medical history , vitals , vital statistics , medical terminology, vital signs, specimen, triage, medical records, injection, MA, CMA, CNA , electronic health records , clinic
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.