LaSalle Network is currently working with a client that is seeking a Medical Assistant near Vernon Hills, IL! This is a permanent opportunity with an organization that has continued to grow, even throughout COVID-19. They have over 40 locations across several states with options for internal growth as well. Our client is considering either entry-level or experienced candidates for this opportunity.
The Medical Assistant position includes recording patients’ vital signs, appropriately documenting medical charts, prepping for physicians, and reviewing patients’ symptoms. This position is important to the work of the clinic, as well as the safety of the patients.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Obtain vital signs and perform routine patient intake, documenting appropriately
- Maintain accurate medical records and report to the nurse any pertinent information regarding the patient's condition and care
- Perform EKGs per physician orders and HCCI protocol; lab draws per HCCI protocol in absence of phlebotomist; online enrollment and tracking of home telemetry
- Keep providers informed of changes in assignments or patient flow that will affect working conditions
- Maintain a neat and sanitary work environment; requisition/order supplies as needed to ensure exam rooms/MA station has necessary supplies
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Medical Assistant certification is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and interested in the Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: medical assistant , certified medical assistant , certified nursing assistant , nursing assistant , phlebotomy , medical history , vitals , vital statistics , medical terminology , vital signs , specimen , triage , medical records , injection , MA , CMA , CAN , electronic health records , clinic
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.