We are working with a client that is looking to hire a Medical Assistant near Tampa, FL! This opportunity is with an organization that has continued to grow year after year and is looking to expand their current team. They have several locations across several states with options for internal growth as well.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician and cleaning the exam rooms. The Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Escort patient to exam room, identify patient with 2 identifiers and prepare patient for examination
- Obtain accurate vital signs, per organization standards
- Document reason for visit and update/confirm allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information
- Promptly inform the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms
- Anticipate/set up equipment or supplies needed for visit
- Clean and prepare exam room for next patient
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and interested in this Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national