We are working with a client looking to hire a Medical Assistant near Oak Brook, IL! This organization has grown year after year and is looking to expand their current team. They have locations across several states with options for internal growth.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician and cleaning the exam rooms. The Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Escort patient to exam room, identify patient with two identifiers and prepare patient for examination
- Obtain accurate vital signs, per organization standards
- Document reason for visit and updates/confirms allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information
- Promptly inform the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms
- Anticipate/set up equipment or supplies needed for visit
- Clean and prepare exam room for next patient
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- 1+ year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/patient service skills
If you are qualified and interested in this Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: medical assistant , certified medical assistant , certified nursing assistant , nursing assistant , phlebotomy , medical history , vitals , vital statistics , medical terminology , vital signs , specimen , triage , medical records , injection , MA , CMA , CAN , electronic health records , clinic #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.