Our client is looking for Medical A/R Specialist to join their academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the patients and the diverse communities it serves with nationally recognized health care, education, and research, as well as a commitment to community partnerships. The Medical A/R Specialist ensures all charges are accurately captured and entered within the corporate designated time frame. Responsible for researching and resolving any errors on a claim that would delay billing and collecting of charges.
Medical A/R Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily within the team targets and goals
- Complete follow-up of claims on a timely and pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow up timeliness
- Review system generated work list, reports and/or aged trial balances to resolve accounts which have not been paid in the appropriate time frame, based on specific third-party payor contracts and guidelines
- Review payment denials and discrepancies identified through EOB, Remittance Advices or Payor correspondence and take appropriate action to correct these accounts
- Employ measures to expedite claim adjudication by resolving issues that may delay processing of payment. Involve the patient or guarantor when necessary
Medical A/R Specialist Requirements:
- 2+ years of hospital or physician billing experience required
- Experience in billing or reimbursement for commercial insurance, Medicaid and Medicare
- Meditech or Epic system experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate clearly and professionally)
- Education: Must have a High School diploma or GED
If you are qualified and interested in the Medical A/R Specialist role, please apply today!
Project Manager - Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: managed care , commercial , Medicare , Medicaid , public aid , follow up , claims , rebill , medical biller, medical collector, financial counselor , patient access , patient registration , charity, payment plan , billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies , patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , hospital registration , scheduler , registration , insurance , epic, referral , authorization , eligibility , verification , insurance , scheduler , pharmacy , pharmacy technician , pharm tech
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.