Do you possess a niche for problem solving, process improvement and innovative solutions? Do you excel in an environment of organized chaos and fast paced production? Our client, a global consumer product manufacturer is hiring for a Material Planner who encompasses these traits. As a Material Planner, you will be acting as the bridge between design and production, a crucial role in the Supply Chain.
This person must also have strong organizational, a forward thinking mentality and leadership skills. If you are interested in taking the next steps towards being a Material Planner please apply to the role today.
Responsibilities of Material Planner:
- Coordinate material requirements planning and the procurement of materials by item and site by reviewing scheduled and forecasted production.
- Manage inventory, review scheduled and forecasted production, and place PO’s
- Collaborate with the Logistics Team, suppliers, and sites on the delivery of packaging to co packers in a manner that minimizes costs while meeting inventory and safety stock levels in SAP
- Prepare annual forecast and three month rolling forecasts for all materials and packaging and distribute as necessary to suppliers and internal contacts
- Liaise with suppliers on information and issues relating to packaging materials, ensure on time delivery basis and initiate and resolve corrective actions as necessary
- Communicate effective dates for packaging changes through suppliers and co-packers and assist with reducing surplus and/or obsolete inventory
Requirements for Material Planner:
- Minimum 3-5 related experience in materials requirements planning
- Experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of supply chain dynamics
- Experience working with raw materials
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and a "roll up your sleeves" mentality to get the job done
If you are someone who brings passion to their work day and presents innovative ideas this Material Planner role may be your next step, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: supply chain , supply material planner , manufacturing, material planner, raw material, consumer products, materials planner, SAP,
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.