Our client, a global consumer product manufacturer is hiring for a Material Planner who will be responsible for inventory coordination and procurement. This person must also have strong organizational, a forward thinking mentality and leadership skills.
Material Planner Responsibilities:
- Coordinate material requirements planning and the procurement of materials by item and site by reviewing scheduled and forecasted production.
- Manage inventory. review scheduled and forecasted production, place purchase orders and work collaboratively with the Logistics Team, suppliers, and sites on the delivery of packaging to co packers in a manner that minimizes costs while meeting inventory and safety stock levels in SAP
- Prepare annual forecast and three month rolling forecasts for all materials and packaging and distribute as necessary to suppliers and internal contacts
- Maintain item master files for all items which specify lead times, min/max orders, multiples, and safety stocks
- Liaise with suppliers on information and issues relating to packaging materials, ensure on time delivery basis and initiate and resolve corrective actions as necessary
- Monitor and manage inventory, identify discrepancies between actual inventory and reports in SAP
- Coordinate effective dates for packaging changes through suppliers and co-packers and assist with reducing surplus and/or obsolete inventory
- Collaborate with internal departments to lend a hand when needed in logistics planning, cycle counting and backing up your team members.
Material Planner Requirements:
- Ideally 3-5 related experience in materials requirements planning
- Experience using SAP or Syspro
- A passion for working with data analysis and planning
- Understanding of supply chain dynamics
- Experience working with raw materials
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and a "roll up your sleeves" mentality to get the job done
If you are someone who brings passion to their work day and presents innovative ideas please apply to the Material Planner role today!
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: supply chain , supply material planner , manufacturing, material planner, raw material, consumer products, materials planner,
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.