LaSalle Network has partnered with a leading CPG company that is looking for an immediate Material Planner for their manufacturing plant located near the southern suburbs of Chicago.
This position is open to due to growth and will oversee the planning of materials for production.
Material Planner Responsibilities:
- Leverage available systems (SAP, Syspro) to create and release purchase orders for selected packing and raw materials needed to support scheduled production
- Hold vendors accountable to ensure material delivery on a timely basis, escalating issues with procurement and logistics teams to ensure best-in-class service
- Effectively manage inventory by placing orders to avoid material shortages while keeping within capacity and receiving constraints and reducing obsolete material
- Utilize supporting systems to post finished goods, incoming receipts and other documents to provide an accurate and real time inventory count
- Partner internally and externally on team projects that solve problems and improve processes and procedures that positively impact safety, OEE, quality, inventory and work environment
- Support inventory controls by assisting on cycle counts and ensuring correct inventory processes are followed at the facility and at the co-manufacturers
- Provide back-up support to the other materials team members as needed
Material Planner Requirements:
- Knowledge of Material Management systems such as SAP and Syspro
- Excellent collaboration/customer service skills
- Creative problem-solver, capable of driving solutions to challenging opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicates well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities required by the department workload
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel and Outlook
- Proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growing company
If you are interested in this Material Planner opportunity, or any other opportunity in the Planning space, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Words: production , sap , management , cpg #LI-SCPROJ
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.