Job DescriptionOur client, a multi-practice Chicago-based law firm, is looking for a Litigation Legal Assistant to support their attorneys and administrative team. As a Litigation Legal Assistant, you will be maintaining a large amount of documentation and records, assisting with heavy court filings, preparing files and managing multiple calendars. This is an essential, specialized role that will expose you to multiple departments within a successful, fast-paced environment.
Litigation Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Create, proofread, format, and edit legal documents such as correspondence, pleadings, memoranda and agreements within tight deadlines
- Handle substantial court filings, including the service of pleadings to courts, opposing counsel and associated parties at both state and federal levels, across various venues
- Maintain attorney and client files, both in paper and electronic formats, including email and electronic files
- Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings and maintain calendars
- Track litigation deadlines, collaborate with the docketing team to ensure accurate scheduling, and confirm deadlines are recorded correctly
- Prepare and submit expense/reimbursement reports
Litigation Legal Assistant Requirements:
- 3-5 years as a legal assistant or administrative experience in a litigation law firm setting
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple requests
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with colleagues at all levels within a professional services organization.
- Ability to follow work instructions with minimal supervision and adhere to client confidentiality guidelines.
If you're a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with experience in the legal field, we invite you to apply.
Senior Project Manager
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national