One of our clients in the retail and food space is looking for a Learning and Development Manager to join their team! The Learning and Development Manager would sit in their headquarters located in the western suburbs of Chicago and play a key role in overseeing the ongoing training and development strategies for the team.
If you are interested in expanding your human resources and benefits expertise with a rapidly growing company that views their employees as its most valuable asset, please see the responsibilities and requirements listed below!
Learning and Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to maintain a motivated team focused on achieving their objectives
- Effectively and regularly communicate performance expectations to ensure job responsibilities are met, removing any barriers to do so
- Develop performance and training strategies with consult from leadership entities
- Recruit qualified candidates to fill open team positions
- Evaluate and recommend purchase of necessary learning aids and tools for the department such as specialized software and licenses, or recommend development of proprietary software to meet department/company needs
- Design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to assigned areas within the company with consult from leadership and research. This includes improvements to current techniques/programs
- Train and coach peers on development and goal initiatives including future implementations
- Identify budget analysis and promote cost effective strategies
Learning and Development Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field strongly preferred
- 5 years of training and development experience and retail operations
- Proven proficiency in training and development models used for evaluation and instructional design in adult learning/education principles
- Proficiency in utilizing and navigating LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Project management experience specifically related to achieving outcomes according to deadlines, budget and available resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak to an audience
- Management experience preferred with an ability to oversee direct reports and develop and enhance their skill sets to achieve outcomes
- MS office proficient
If you are interested in joining our client’s team as a Learning and Development Manager and believe you meet the above requirements, please apply today!
Recruiter, Human Resources
Keywords and Related Terms: human resources , training , development , manager, training manager , training and development , hr manager, learning , learning and development manager
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries