A fast-growing technology company is looking for a Junior Accountant to join their accounting team. This role will have hybrid model with 3 days per week from home and 2 days in the office in Downtown Chicago. This company was founded about 15 years ago and while many companies struggled in 2020 due to unforeseen circumstances, this organization quadrupled its headcount and has been thriving ever since. While it no longer categorizes itself as a startup it still has a culture just like it. The office has a casual dress code, vibrant personalities, and believes in structured training so newcomers are set up for success.
The ideal candidate for this Junior Accountant role will be someone that has at least an accounting internship, up to 3 years of accounting experience, and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. The unique position of this role is that you will be working directly under the Accounting Manager and as the team continues to scale in size, you have the ability to be fast tracked into management.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Perform account reconciliations and cash reconciliations
- Process about 50 invoices a week as well as create and send out invoices to clients
- Post journal entries to general ledger and compile month-end close documents
- Work with CFO to handle monthly forecasting
- Financial statement preparation
- Work with the Controller to shorten the month-end close process
- Occasionally provide backup support to accounts receivable specialist
Junior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 1-3 years of internship or staff accountant experience required
- Advanced Excel knowledge preferred such as PivotTables and VLOOKUPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work a few hours of over-time during month-end close
This position is attracting top talent and is moving quickly. If you are a looking to further your career as a Junior Accountant and want to work on a talented team at a growing company, please apply today!
Accounting and Finance Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: invoices , AP, accounts , accounts payable , accounts payable specialist , specialist , payable , CPG , invoice , payables , vendor , retail , invoicing , vendors , investment , investment management , high net worth , high-net worth , family office
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.