LaSalle Network has partnered with a national wholesale distributor to identify a Java Team Lead. This position will provide engaged, hands-on technical contributions for the corporate IT enterprise application systems, inclusive of implementation, training and support and ongoing operations. As a member of the application development team, the Java Team Lead is responsible for application development enhancing the usability and accessibility of corporate assets to directly support IT-enabled business change. This position requires deep partnering with business leaders, IT staff and the IT Leadership Team to ensure a sustainable approach to complexity reduction, cost management, service delivery and team growth and development. The position will be critical in innovating, transforming and enhancing processes and capabilities that enable profitable business.
Java Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Perform and/or manage highly complex, large-scale activities related to resource planning, designing, coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting, implementing, maintaining, and supporting complex programs to address business needs (enterprise-wide, efficient, scalable, hardened application-based solutions)
- Lead large-scale efforts spanning multiple systems, IT teams and functional areas
- Define, set and manage deliverable expectations
- Produce, review and approve advanced functional and technical specifications
- Provide architectural direction for key systems and interfaces
- Perform software testing, peer level reviews and quality assurance
- Consult with the IT Leadership Team to establish methods/standards for key systems and processes
- Perform operational support inclusive of off-hour needs
Java Team Lead Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in large ($1B or greater) corporate environments
- 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams and heavily matrixed organizations
- 7+ years of experience in a senior technical individual contributor role with strong UI/UX design experience
- Hands-on experience in core Java development with advanced working knowledge of Java EE application design and architecture
- Advanced skills within Java 8, microservices and REST services and SPRING boot framework
- Demonstrated proficiency with messaging APIs and servers (ActiveMQ, JMS)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts, influence and persuade the business, and make recommendations to management
- Advanced working database experience (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MongoDB, stored procedures) and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) specifications (Spring Data, JPA, Hibernate)
- Advanced secure webserver experience (Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere)
- Experience with Agile process, build/test/version control tools (SVN, Bitbucket) and DevOps deployment tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience in related field
- Willingness to mentor and provide guidance to team members and project implementation vendors
- Willingness to establish constructive relationships with all levels of the organization
- Highly self-directing and naturally curious, requiring minimal coaching
- Balances personal growth of both technical and non-technical skills
If you are interested in this position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: Agile , Java , Jira , WebSphere , Apache Tomacat #LI-CTTS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.