LaSalle Network has partnered with one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers. Located in 16 states, our client is committed to helping people get well and live healthier. They are seeking an Inpatient Coder to join their team.
The Inpatient Coder will review patient records and assign accurate codes for each diagnosis and procedure. This role requires applied knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes and pharmacology and the ideal candidate demonstrates data quality and integrity skills.
The Inpatient Coder will be required to make independent decisions regarding accurate ICD-10-CM and PCS code assignments which will play a key role in determining the reimbursement potential with adherence to compliant coding standards and corporate policies developed to ensure accurate billing.
Inpatient Coder Responsibilities:
- Perform remote coding via scanned medical records and abstracts via access to hospital abstracting system as part of a corporate coding organization
- Primarily code inpatient records and assist with outpatient coding when needed
- Submit queries to providers for documentation clarification to include diagnosis clarification based on clinical indicators and coding specificity requirements
- Consult the Manager, Corporate Coding or other available resources and work out difficult codes and/or coding problems
- Attend coding education as scheduled
Inpatient Coder Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate degree in health information management or related field preferred
- ICD-10-CM and PCS required
- CIC, CCS, RHIA or RHIT required
- Knowledge of related prospective payment systems, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology indications for drug usage and related adverse reactions
- 2 years of acute care hospital inpatient coding experience preferred
- Ability to code complex cardiac and neuroscience procedures
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national