Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is partnering with a prestigious private foundation headquartered in Chicago in search of an Investment Accountant. This foundation has a multi-billion-dollar endowment that supports efforts around criminal justice reform, climate change, nuclear risks and supporting journalism around the world.
From 100% health insurance coverage to tuition reimbursement up to $15,000, to ‘Wellness Fridays’ where every other Friday is a day off, this foundation prides itself on supporting a health work life balance for its staff. This position has a competitive compensation range of $85,000-$95,000.
The Investment Accountant will prepare and handle accounting workpapers, investment applications, and assists with investment research. This role will also support month end close functions and track the Foundation's investments and capital statements.
The ideal candidate is an accounting professional in industry or out of public accounting interested in being a part of a mission driven organization. You have experience working on funds and closing the books on investments. Non-profit experience is not required to apply for this role, just a passion for the mission and interest in collaboration with others on the finance team.
Investment Accountant Responsibilities:
- Perform due diligence on investment funding transactions and fee payments
- Handle wire activity and confirm processed transactions
- Be prepared to handle accounting workpapers and investment applications for alternative investments
- Prepare internal workpapers needed for monthly reconciliation and analysis of portfolio activity
- Assist with investment research
- Assist third party audit firms during external audit preparation
- Perform tracking of the audited financial statements of the Foundation’s investments and their capital statements
- Assist with month end close functions around the Foundation’s investments
- Work with forms 990-PF and 990-T to create investment deliverables
- Support with data clean up through PowerBI
Investment Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related degree required; master’s in accounting, CPA or J.D. preferred
- 3+ years of experience working on funds
- Exempt organization experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this Investment Accountant opportunity, please apply today!
Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: CPA , accounting , account reconciliation , month end close , senior accountant , public accounting , funds , fund of funds , venture capital , family office , wealth management , accounting , fund accountant , investment accountant , K-1 , PowerBi #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.