Our client, a global manufacturer of the world’s most iconic confectionery products, is looking to bring on a new Inventory and Fixed Assets Accountant! This role is based out of Chicago and offers a WFH-hybrid schedule.
This Inventory and Fixed Assets Accountant will report to the Director of Financial Reporting, independently manage fixed assets and inventory accounting processes, and present analysis to senior leadership! This role offers a competitive base salary up to $110,000.
Inventory and Fixed Assets Accountant Responsibilities:
- Manage fixed asset accounting including capitalization vs expense analysis, depreciation, tagging of assets, and audits
- Own inventory accounting, including year-end physical counts, periodic cycle counts, reconciling with 3rd parties, and handling inventory adjustments
- Review lease contracts and use IFRS 16 tool to apply correct account treatment; read contract, pulls dates and values, and capitalize leases
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and automation implementation
- Present analysis to Senior level leadership on a quarterly basis
Inventory and Fixed Assets Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years fixed asset and inventory accounting experience out of Manufacturing industry
- ERP system experience, SAP a plus
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested in this Inventory and Fixed Assets Accountant opportunity and qualify for the role, please apply today!
Lisa Uechi, CPA
Project Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: accountant, accounting, finance , manufacturing , manufacturer , fixed assets , inventory , physical count , purchase , acquisition , depreciation , disposition , tagging , research , analysis , analytics , lease accounting , lease , capitalization , capitalize , expense , cycle count , reconcile , IFRS , IFRS 16 , automation , bachelor’s degree , month end , reporting , reconciliation , journal entries , journal entry , balance sheet , income statement , profit & loss , controls , internal controls , SOX , GL , general ledger , GAAP , audit , SAP , system , ERP #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.