LaSalle Network has partnered with a growing professional services firm looking for an experienced Interim Controller to augment and lead its growing team in its new Chicago office.
The Interim Controller will lead the Accounting and Finance team and monitor all accounting operations within the organization. This position will report directly to the CFO. The ideal candidate is a polished accounting professional with excellent leadership skills and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
Interim Controller Responsibilities:
- Manage general ledger, perform month-end and year-end closing procedures, and ensure GAAP and IFRS compliance
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements
- Improve and optimize financial reporting
- Foreign exchange documentation, tax preparation models and tax preparation booking, tax bookings
- Perform detailed analysis on financial reports and budgets to understand variances
- Assist with preparing documents and reports, and interpreting financial information for C-suite executives and Board Members
- Develop and document business processes, accounting policies, and standard operating procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls and streamline processes
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance
- Provide administrative support to senior management as requested
- Assign and delegate projects and direct staff on daily, monthly and year-end duties
Interim Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of experience within professional services
- Strong Excel skills, including working with pivot tables and reading macros
- SQL or other programming languages a plus
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If interested in this Interim Controller position and apply per the above requirements, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords & Related Terms: controller , reconciliations , accounting
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.