Job DescriptionAre you ready to jump into large scale projects with a growing, mission-driven company? Our client, an educational technology and materials company is looking to hire at their home office in the near western suburbs of Chicago. Founded 25 years ago, this company is expanding their finance team and looking to hire a corporate Interim Controller. This individual will work closely with the CFO to oversee and build out a team of developing professionals.
The Interim Controller will take ownership of core accounting and reporting processes, and ensure financial duties are carried out effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion. The ideal candidate is someone who brings a positive attitude and strong business acumen to effectively deal with new tasks and challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Interim Controller Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations and oversee finance team
- Perform in-depth P&L and Balance Sheet analysis
- Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position that will drive key decision-making
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year end operations report preparation of production statistics, revenue analysis, cost detail and variance analysis
- Participate in projects to drive process cost improvements to create efficiency and improve operating cash flow
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity
- Responsible for proper control and valuation of inventory
- Create cost analysis and product pricing models to support roll out of new products
Interim Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field required
- 5-10 years of related experience (preferably within consumer goods, logistics or distribution industries)
- Management experience
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
If you're looking to help build and lead a young, dynamic team, this is the perfect opportunity for you! If you are interested in the Interim Controller opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today.
Senior Recruiting Manager, Management Resources
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national