Our client, a leading building materials company located in the Chicago loop, is looking for an Interim Category Specialist to join the procurement team to contribute to their pattern of growth.
Interim Category Specialist Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement of services, supplier performance and associated contracts
- Prepare RFPs/RFQs and handle all contract negotiation
- Implement new procurement strategies from Category Managers and leadership teams
- Analyze and identify cost saving initiatives and analyze cost reduction goals
- Establish proven relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Evaluate and analyze new vendors as well as qualify suppliers performance and spend
Interim Category Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or other related fields
- 5+ years of procurement experience, specifically with direct materials, packaging or minerals
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle ERP is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a team on multiple projects
If you are interested in this Interim Category Specialist opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today.
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: supply chain , replenishment ,procurement, planning, sourcing, IT procurement, Software procurement, indirect procurement, Supplier, contract negotiations, contract management, supplier relations , Business , Economics , Marketing , business , economics , supply , pivot tables , Excel , vlookups , SAP , consumer products #LI-SCPROJ
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.