Our client, a renowned healthcare organization located in Wheeling, IL, is currently looking for an Insurance Verification Specialist that will be responsible for taking phone calls, verifying patient’s insurance, and assisting in prior authorizations. This position enables the ideal candidate to excel in their areas of expertise as well as learn from some of the best patient advocates in the industry.
Insurance Verification Specialist Responsibilities:
- Verifying insurance coverage of each patient
- Handling payments for services not covered by insurance
- Explaining coverages to patients
- Obtaining referrals for patients when they are not covered
- Updating patient information/keeping records
- Filling out documentation required for billing
Insurance Verification Specialist Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- 2+ years of recent healthcare insurance verification experience
- Knowledge of EOB’s and ability to express them to patients
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to effectively interact and negotiate with diverse work units at all organizational levels
If you are qualified and interested in this Insurance Verification Specialist role, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: patient service , patient access , insurance verification , insurance verifier , benefit verification , commercial , government , appointment , billing , referral , prior authorization , pre-authorization , eligibility , EOB , COB , explanation of benefits , coordination of benefits
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.