Our client is looking to fill an Insurance Verification Representative role in the northern suburbs. The Insurance Verification Representative position includes taking phone calls, verifying patients insurance, and assisting in prior authorizations. Increase customer satisfaction and retention by providing members, customers, patients, and providers with accurate, consistent, timely, and meaningful information.
Insurance Verification Representative Duties and Functions:
- Be available to handle patient inquiries. Represent the client by answering and documenting all incoming contacts to determine their nature, and respond to complex calls related to specialized product lines or ques
- Respond with empathy to complaints and concerns from patients concerning health plan benefits, account status, payment history, and medical services
- Initiate contact with the appropriate health plan, medical group and facility personnel to obtain information relevant to the concern or inquiry as needed
- Determine appropriate insured policy, group and billing addresses of primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances
- Evaluate data to determine and implement the appropriate course of action to resolve the complaint and/or coordinate service recovery
- Document according to procedure. Assist department in reaching call handling goals, first contact resolution goals, complaint resolution compliance, member retention and making return contact as warranted
Insurance Verification Representative Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Knowledge of EOB’s and ability to express them to patients
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to effectively interact and negotiate with diverse work units at all organizational levels
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
If you are qualified and interested in this Insurance Verification Representative role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions
Keywords and related terms: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.