LaSalle Network is working with one of the country’s top-tier hospitals to identify their next Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor. This role will be based onsite in downtown Chicago with occasional remote flexibility. Relocation candidates can be considered!
The newly created Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor position is a critical hire as this person will be groomed to step into a more senior managerial role next year. The Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor will coordinate daily operations through managing a team of 20+ coders and auditors.
Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot any coding issues and provide support on complicated cases
- Conduct ongoing compliance evaluations and monitor & report on quality standards quality standards
- Develop new workflow processes and support automation of computerized medical records
- Manage a team of auditors to ensure compliance with internal processes and legal regulations
- Provide leadership to a team of medical coders and monitor their work output for accuracy and efficiency
Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree and RHIA/RHIT required. Additional certifications such as CCS or CPC preferred.
- 5+ years of coding experience including 2+ years of supervisor or managerial experience
- Inpatient facility coding experience with exposure to physician or outpatient coding at a large hospital required
- Strong knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10
- Knowledge of Epic EMR system preferred
If you are interested in joining Chicago’s best academic medical center, apply for this Inpatient and Outpatient Coding Supervisor today!
Keywords and Related Terms: medical coder , coding , RHIT , RHIA , CCS , CPC , coder , coding auditor, medical coding supervisor, inpatient coding supervisor, outpatient coding supervisor, revenue cycle manager, inpatient coding manager, ambulatory coding manager, facility coding manager, facility coding supervisor, inpatient, outpatient
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.