We are looking for Inpatient Medical Coders to support the Health Information Management department at one of the country’s top teaching hospitals! As a teaching hospital, our client believes in career growth and offers a competitive compensation package and many opportunities for continued education.
Inpatient Medical Coder Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the assignment of accurate and complete International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and ICD-10PCS Codes for Inpatient Procedures.
- Proficient code assignments on inpatient visits are the primary duties of this position.
- Conducts pre and post visit review and/or code complex inpatient accounts with priority based on Chronic Care Visit and other work lists/queues.
- Applies knowledge of the conventions, rules and guidelines of multiple classification systems to accurately code diagnoses and services.
- Reviews charges assigned by providers for accuracy and completeness.
Inpatient Medical Coder Requirements:
- Candidates must have an Associate’s Degree, RHIA, RHIT, or CCS
- 2+ years of experience coding hospital medical records at a large healthcare system
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10
- Knowledge of Epic EMR system preferred
If you have great experience with inpatient facility coding, please apply for the Inpatient Medical Coder position today.
Keywords and Related Terms: RHIA , RHIT , CCS , inpatient , coding , coder , facility , remote, hospital , healthcare , health information management , health information , medical records
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.