LaSalle Network is working with a client in Chicago, IL and looking to hire a Hospital Biller/Collector. Our client’s hospital system is ranked in the top six in the nation!
The Hospital Biller/Collector works within the Health Care Finance Department reporting to the Supervisor of Revenue Cycle for Billing and Collections. This individual will work proactively with insurance payers to monitor and resolve payer claim status responses, seek payment, and resolve billing and collection rejection/ denial issues for the assigned patient claims in a timely and compliant manner. He or She will actively support the Supervisor in meeting team monthly /annual targets.
Department: HB Commercial Billing/Collections
Hospital Biller/Collector Duties and Functions:
- Proactively work with insurance payers to seek payment or resolve claim status and denial issues in a timely and compliant manner with the goal of improving cash collections and reducing aged accounts receivable.
- Identify, create, and timely resolve special projects to reduce aged accounts receivable and improve collection rates.
- Possess a sound understanding of billing and collections processes and eligibility requirements of private and governmental payers.
- Perform research on denied claims to resolve all types of denials and re-considerations including preparing and submitting appeal letters. Monitor and follow up on appeal status.
- Escalate accounts to Supervisor when accounts cannot be resolved within 60 days.
- Communicate effectively with peers and internal and external customers.
- Exhibit superb written and verbal skills; document clear steps taken and anticipated resolution on accounts.
- Develop collaborating relationships with payers and departments throughout the organization.
- Proactively challenge processes for improvement opportunities to enhance and streamline operations in daily work and within the department.
- Supports staff training on job related processes.
- Monitor the applicable websites (i.e. CMS/NGS/HFS/Payer) for any updates to ensure that our accounts are compliant with Federal, State and Payer requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications of Hospital Biller/Collector:
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in hospital/professional billing and collections.
- Strong knowledge of Advantage Plans.
- Experience with Epic, Availity, Connex, and Payor Portal experience.
- Experience identifying denial trends within pre-cert and auth denials.
- Previous coding experience is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
If you are qualified and interested in the Hospital Biller/Collector position, please apply today!
Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: Denials, Biller, Collector, EPIC, Availity, Connex, Payor Portal, Denial Trends, Pre-Cert, Authorization, HB, Hospital Billing, CMS, NGF, HFS, AR
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. Specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.