LaSalle Network is currently working with an E-Learning startup company headquartered in Chicago that is looking to hire their first ever Head of Engineering. This person will come in to manage a team of 5 developers and will responsible for doubling the team in headcount over the next year. They will not only be responsible for performance management and employee growth but will also contribute to the day-to-day hands on programming that is done for their bleeding edge product.
Head of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of engineers to help build out their product
- Contribute to hands on development within Node, React and AWS
- Interface with leaders and other stakeholders within the company to help drive business decisions related to the product
- Develop technology strategy to help grow the company as a whole
- Set goals and build team culture to continue to be recognized as one of the top work places in Chicago
Head of Engineering Qualifications:
- 8+ years of hands on development experience. Willing and able to lead hands on coding from day one.
- 2+ years of experience managing a small development team
- Experience leading the buildout of a small development team
- Ability to mentor and grow individual programmers to help achieve their goals
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced software startup environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
Sr. Project Manager, Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: Head of Engineering , Director of Engineering , VP of Engineering , Software Engineering Manager
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.