Our client, an award-winning, top 10 health systems in the country, is looking for a Financial Counselor in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
The Financial Counselor will verify, register, schedule appointments, and complete authorization for all third-party payors according to industry, federal and state billing and collection regulations for all hospital-related services.
The ideal Financial Counselor candidate will understand regulations effecting appropriate billing and collections of accounts. A candidate with previous experience in a healthcare environment, preferably central scheduling, patient registration or patient financial services is preferred.
Financial Counselor Responsibilities:
- Explain to patients all payment responsibilities, available payment plans, and charitable programs
- Perform all clerical processing for completion and disposition of assigned accounts, handle patient and third-party payor inquiries
- Follow up on necessary arrangements, ensuring compliance with appropriate hospital and departmental collection policies and procedures, and assure satisfactory disposition of all encounters
Financial Counselor Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in hospital patient access, registration or patient accounts environment
- Extensive knowledge of third party, payor/regulatory agency requirements
- Working knowledge of computerized admission and accounts receivable systems
- Experience in basic computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent patient/customer service skills
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks with speed, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow and complete detailed directions
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
If you are interested in this Financial Counselor opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: patient access , registration , registrar , payment , payment plans , charity , follow up , claims , rebill , medical biller , medical collector , financial counselor , patient registration , charity , payment plan , billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies ,
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.