Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is currently partnering with a distribution company to identify an EDI Analyst to join their team. The EDI Analyst will be responsible for managing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processes, specifically focusing on ANSI X12 standards and EDI transactions such as 810, 850, 855, 860 and 852.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of EDI concepts, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and has a proven track record of successful EDI implementations. This role will involve working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient and accurate data exchange with our business partners.
EDI Analyst Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage the end-to-end EDI processes within the distribution company, adhering to ANSI X12 standards
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including IT, operations and customer service teams, to identify and understand business requirements related to EDI transactions
- Collaborate with external partners, including customers, suppliers and vendors, to establish and maintain EDI connections
- Analyze EDI data and transaction sets (810, 850, 855, 860, 852) to identify and resolve any data discrepancies or errors promptly
- Monitor EDI transactions and perform regular audits to ensure data accuracy and compliance with established standards
- Collaborate with trading partners to address any EDI-related issues, such as document rejections, mapping errors and communication failures
- Assist in the development and maintenance of EDI maps and trading partner profiles to facilitate seamless data exchange
- Conduct EDI testing and participate in the onboarding process for new trading partners
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in EDI, ANSI X12 standards and relevant EDI transaction sets
- Provide training and support to internal teams on EDI processes, including troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve EDI processes, streamline workflows and enhance data integrity
EDI Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field
- Proven experience working as an EDI Analyst, preferably within a distribution or logistics company
- In-depth knowledge of ANSI X12 standards and EDI transaction sets, including 810 (Invoice), 850 (Purchase Order), 855 (Purchase Order Acknowledgment), 860 (Purchase Order Change Request) and 852 (Product Activity Data)
- Strong understanding of EDI concepts, such as document types, segments and envelopes
- Proficiency in EDI mapping and translation tools, such as Gentran, Sterling B2B Integrator or similar platforms
- Familiarity with EDI VANs (Value Added Networks) and AS2 (Applicability Statement 2) protocols
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EDI-related issues, such as document rejections and mapping errors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external trading partners
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of ERP systems and integration with EDI is a plus
If you are passionate about healthcare and higher education, we would love to hear from you.
Technology Services Recruiter
Keywords and Related Terms: EDI , Analyst , distribution , ERP #LI-CTTS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.