Our client, an international consumer goods company, is looking to hire a Distribution Center Manager for its location in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago. This position provides opportunity for growth with a global company that has been a long-term player in the consumer products industry. They are looking for a dynamic and high potential supply chain professional to join their team.
Distribution Center Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage shipments of LTL and TL shipping requirements
- Train and develop staff and other team members
- Ensure adherence to safety standards throughout all inbound and outbound freight, and distribution operations
- Drive change using LEAN and/or 6 Sigma strategies
Distribution Center Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in supply chain management preferred
- At least five years of experience in a leadership capacity at a fast-paced distribution facility, including network design and logistics
- Strong leadership capabilities, communication, and ability to develop a team
- Proficient in MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel
If interested in this Distribution Center Manager opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: distribution , logistics , supply , chain , manager, leadership , LEAN , 6 Sigma , LTL , TL , shipping , safety , freight , consumer , goods , leader , center , transportation
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.