This is it. Stop scrolling through the job ads; the next step in your career is here!
As the Director of Technical Accounting, you will be expected to support and evaluate all daily accounting activities. You will develop, implement and maintain accounting systems to collect, analyze, verify and report financial information at every level. The role will also be responsible for improving and evolving accounting internal controls. As you lead and manage accounting and accounting related aspects of company initiatives you will work with other members of the accounting team as well as executives, and business and operations unit managers.
Director of Technical Accounting Responsibilities
- Produce financial statements by monitoring and evaluating accounting data
- Streamline departmental and organizational systems and processes
- Plan and execute department operating plans for the accounting department
- Responsible for providing timely guidance, recommendations and solutions for the application of U.S. GAAP associated with complex transactions and technical accounting issues
- Lead in the interpretation, implementation and on-going monitoring of new and recently issued accounting standards
- Lead in updating and implementing the company’s accounting policies
- Participate in month-end general ledger close activities, including review of account analytics, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
Director of Technical Accounting Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA strongly preferred
- Prior SEC reporting experience and proficiency in applying U.S. GAAP
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills required
If you are interested in this Director of Technical Accounting opportunity, and qualify for the role, please apply today!
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.