Lasalle Network has partnered with a global healthcare medical device organization that recently rebranded and is in pure growth mode. This client is looking for a Director of Tax who will be reporting directly into the Chief Accounting Officer and is not afraid to 'roll up their sleeves'. Ideally someone who has experience with Sarbanes Oxley, corporate tax planning, and compliance/accounting for a public company.
Director of Tax Responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate, and enforce global tax policies and procedures
- Develop and manage the implementation of tax strategies designed to minimize our worldwide tax expense while managing the company’s tax exposure
- Manage the accounting for income taxes
- Communicate and co-ordinate with international accounting staff on non-US tax matters
- Provide well researched authoritative support for all company tax positions
- Manage the compliance activities of internal staff and external advisors to ensure that income and non income based tax returns are prepared and filed in a timely and accurate manner
- Stay current on tax laws and regulations and income tax accounting standards and advise management of significant changes and their impact on the company
- Advise management on the tax benefits, exposures, and accounting implications of planned mergers and acquisitions and other significant business transactions
- Provide guidance on employee payroll matters, including expatriate and executive compensation
- Manage all tax audits and audit defense
- Maintain and update all Sarbanes tax documentation
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement of tax processes and internal controls
Director of Tax Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance – MS in taxation preferred
- CPA or JD a plus
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in corporate tax planning, compliance, and accounting for a public company
- International tax experience
- Federal and multi-state income, franchise and sales and use tax experience
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Excellent analytical, presentation and project management skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Hands-on leader with strong organization skills and attention to detail
If you are interested in this Director of Tax opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Michelle Shuster- Mshuster@lasallenetwork.com
Executive Search Consultant
Keywords and Related Terms: SOX , compliance , international tax , accounting , tax , public , federal , multi-state , sales tax , use tax
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.