LaSalle Network has partnered with a mid-sized professional services firm that has been around for more than 15 years. They are known for their family like culture and fast growth. They are looking for a Director of Tax to oversee their private client services due to organic growth within the organization. The organization prides themselves on phenomenal work life balance, as well as a strong benefits package.
The role can start remotely and have flexibility to work from home in the future once return to office becomes stabilized.
Director of Tax Responsibilities:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams on engagements for a variety of clients
- Plan, execute, direct and complete tax projects, which include providing innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to their clients
- Conduct review of, and have ultimate responsibility for, complex tax returns, including managing client service budgets
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations as well as ensuring satisfaction
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff accountants and managers on tax projects. (Total ~ 5 direct reports)
Director of Tax Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required with a preference for advanced degree holders (E.g., MBA, JD, MST)
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience within an accounting firm, including 5 years of partnership return experience is required
- CPA Certification preferred but not required
- Significant exposure to investment partnership clients, estate and gift tax planning, as well as the ability to research and conduct financial modeling is preferred
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig-in to understand the business and systems
- Exceptional client service and communication skills is expected. Strong leadership, training, coaching and mentoring skills are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational and client service leadership skills, problem solving skills and the ability to work in a semi-autonomous manner.
If you are interested in this Director of Tax position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply!
Project Manager, Executive Search- Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: tax , CPA , public accounting , partnership returns , J.D , law , legal , tax accounting
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, marketing, sales, supply chain, call center, accounting and finance, executive search, technology, healthcare revenue cycle, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.