Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is currently hiring a Director of Medical Records for a rapidly growing firm in downtown Chicago. This firm has been recognized by reputable publications as an up-and-coming leader in the legal industry and are growing their Chicago headquarters at a rapid pace!
The Director of Medical Records must have established experience with the medical record retrieval process, working knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) and HITECH, and will be able to suggest and implement efficiencies and improvements while keeping updated on industry best practices.
Director of Medical Records Responsibilities:
- Streamline the medical record retrieval process by introducing solutions to efficiently access, facilitate and improve the exchange of health information
- Remain up to date on the most recent legislation regarding the request and release of protected health information
- Continually evaluate established policies and procedures and offer suggestions for change and/or improvement
- Maintain current medical record request forms and documents and revise, as needed
- Train and monitor staff to improve performance and to ensure that protocols are being followed
- Manage systems used to request, follow up and pay for medical records
- Own strategy for medical record retrieval using cutting-edge technology, integrations and efficient processes
- Utilize reporting, metrics and KPI’s to track and develop process changes
Director of Medical Records Requirements:
- 5+ years of medical record management experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with medical record retrieval via third party retrieval companies
- Experience with managing both internal and off-site teams
- Extremely process-oriented, well-organized and highly motivated
- Must have experience working at a third-party medical retrieval company to facilitate medical record requests for law firms
Senior Project Manager
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.